Thanks to the new improved CI workflow, we do no longer manually need to do a final check of pull requests. I have used the new system for roughly two weeks now without any problems. Consequently, I have just removed the master-candiate branch from our git (with a backup “just in case” currently remaining in the adiscon git repository).
Anyone contributing, please check the CI status of your PRs, as we can only merge things that pass the CI run. Note, though, that there still is a very limited set of tests which may falsly fail. Their number is shrinking, and I usually catch these relatively shortly and restart them. If in doubt, please add a comment to the PR and I’ll investigate.